My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

February 7, 2013

Have a Healthy Valentine's Day ...


For me Valentine’s Day has always meant candy.  After all there is beautifully packaged candy everywhere you look at this time of the year.  I usually do pretty well resisting the temptation by repeating "just say no" over and over as I keep walking right out of the store. 

This year I have gone one step further than just avoiding all the sugar.  I began to wonder if it's even possible to celebrate Valentine’s Day without candy or sweet treats and still have fun.  A little research has brought me to the conclusion that YES, it can be done! 

Take a look at the tempting, and healthy, Valentine’s Day foods I came across ...


  Shot through the fruit hearts








Mini Heart-Shaped Whole Wheat Pizzas











Egg In the Nest Valentine Breakfast












Heart Shaped Waffles


Love  Fruit Stickers

Valentine Pink Fruit Smoothie


Heart Shaped Homemade Whole Wheat Pretzels













Heart Shaped Carrots




Looking Ahead …
Today is Thursday which means this afternoon my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party will be open!  If you haven't linked up before, this party is perfect for promoting anything you like such as FB pages, Twitter, Pinterest, G+, Instagram, your blog, or Etsy shop!

The party will remain open all weekend long, and I will also be linking up with some fab parties myself :)  If you'd like to see where I party just click here --> Link Parties.  This will bring you right to my Link Party page :)


Sincerely,


Paula

13 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

Ok, those little heart shaped pizzas are awesome. I think I may actually give those a try while we're snowed in this weekend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So CLEVER!! I loveeeeeee it all!!!!

Theresa said...

My daughters make those heart shaped pizzas every year for their annual Valentine's party sleepover. They are always a big hit!

Kate Coleman said...

The heart egg would just make the best Valentine's breakfast - love it!

Kate x
http://www.kateathome.com

Judy Haughton-James said...

Wow! It is great to see such wonderful features that are healthy Paula! Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Louise said...

Thank you for sharing these healthy treats! Just stopping by from the blog hop, I am a new follower! Care to follow me back too? Looking forward to reading more of your blog!
Sarah
www.lookingasuare.blogspot.co.uk

Jenn said...

Love all the heart shaped treats... and congrats on your Aloha Friday feature!

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤... Jennifer
http://jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.ca

MishMreow M said...

These are really cool creative ideas which I am most definitely going to end up using this year I think. Thanks for this post :3
MishMreow

Gi said...

Hey hun,
Thanks for following my blog, so glad to be following you back I love love LOVE your blog!
These healthy valentines treats look amazing!! I want to do something super adorable like toad in the hole hearts for my husband, I know he would love it!
I defs will be linking up with your weekend blog hop!
Gi xx

ShaunaQ said...

I love all these ideas! Especially because they're healthy and usually Valentines day is associated with chocolate!

following from the Aloha Friday blog hop!

www.mommacandy.com

Joanna Pabel said...

it's not candy but so sweet!

Angela said...

it's 2.40 am here in england and your photos have made me hungry so i have to get out of bed and go eat now :)
I came by via the blgo hop and now follow on GFC and bloglovin, would love a follow back if you would like to visit me and see if you like my blog.
Angela x
http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

Meredith said...

Great ideas! And my kids would LOVE that heart-shaped fruit. Off to add melons to my store list for this week :)