.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

February 26, 2013

Recipe Time! Maple-Pecan Chicken

I don't love meat, but I'll eat it.  Rarely do I say "this is delicious" when I'm eating meat of any kind.  But recently one of my friends raved about a chicken recipe her sister-in-law made.  She said it was really good, and that I should try making it.  

Looking at the ingredient list I didn't see what was so great about it.  It seemed a bit strange to me actually.  I mean mayonnaise and maple syrup? Yuck! But once this chicken came out of the oven and I took that first bite, I realized this recipe was fantastic!  So fantastic, I decided I had to share!



Ingredients:

4)  boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
1/4 cup maple syrup (pure or maple-flavored)
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 cup plain panko crispy bread crumbs
1 cup finely chopped pecans

Directions:

1)  Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Line baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.  Between pieces of plastic wrap, waxed paper, or in a Ziplock  bag place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin until about 1/2" thick.

2)  In a shallow dish mix together the mayonnaise and maple syrup.  In another shallow dish mix together panko and pecans.  Dip chicken into syrup mixtures, then into the panko and pecan mixture.  Place on baking sheet.  Spray tops of chicken with cooking spray.

3)  Bake approximately 15-20 minutes, turning once, until juices run clear when center of thickest part is cut and coating is golden brown.

* Recipe courtesy of Progresso, a General Mills product





Looking Ahead:

Be sure to stop back after 12PM US EST to link up for Wordless Wednesday! 
I love to see what you all have to share each week :)

And if you love link parties like I do be sure to check out my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party which goes live every Thursday beginning at 12PM US EST.  You can link up anything you like at this party! Blogs, G+, FB pages, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy shops...  Last week we set a new record with 165 entries!! Woohoo! 

See you soon!


Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

7 comments:

  1. mayo and maple syrup are certainly interesting together! looks so yum though :)

    Ai @ Sakura Haruka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, very interesting combo of ingredients, yet it sounds really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woow! looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder what it tastes like. Seems interesting combo. I'll save this recipe and give it a try.

    Judy
    www.pursuitoffunctionalhome.com
    www.kusinaniinday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maple and pecan do go together well so I bet this is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking up to Eat. Pray. Love. That's definatley a recipe I need to try, I use the maple syrup & Mayonaise blend in my Man-Pleasing chicken & it's our favourite!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.