.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

March 5, 2013

Pots of Gold at the End of the Rainbow ...


Around St. Patrick's Day last year, my friend was at a convenience store and spotted these goodies sitting on the counter for sale.  She told me how irresistibly cute they were, and insisted that the following year we would have to make our own.

Well, with St. Patrick's Day once again on the horizon, the time had finally arrived to make these fun treat bags.  We purchased rainbow Twizzlers, Rolos, and cellophane bags.  I already had sparkly gold ribbon, and I also downloaded and printed these super cute tags from Amy of Living Locurto, for free! Thank you Amy!

Lastly I spread everything out on the table and got to work assembling them, without eating one piece of candy myself.  Now that was quite the feat!  Here are the finished results!    









If you'd like a bag or more for yourself, but don't have the time to buy all the materials and put them together, I have them available to purchase in my Etsy shop --> PapercrushCrafts, and on Ebay as well.

"Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?

Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,

And rainbows have nothing to hide.

So we've been told and some choose to believe it

I know they're wrong, wait and see.

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,

The lovers, the dreamers and me."


The Rainbow Connection written by Paul Williams and Kenneth Ascher
Performed by Kermit the Frog




Looking Ahead:

Beginning at 12PM US EST today my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party will be open for business!  I love to see what you all have to share each week, and I always return the Linky L♥VE!

And beginning Thursday at 12PM US EST my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party will be open for entries! Thanks to all my bloggy friends my party has become a success, which is beneficial to every single one of us!  Thank you so much for stopping by each week and linking up.  If your a new reader and haven't linked up before come on over and party with us! You can link up anything you like ~ Blogs, FB, Twitter, G+, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy shops ...

And sandwiched in between I will introduce my new sponsor/advertiser, and have a Happy Mail Update!

Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

16 comments:

  1. How cute! I DO want to buy two of them, but do you think the licorice will still be fresh on St. Patrick's Day? These would be adorable for the leprechaun to leave for them under the trap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMYGOSH!!! What a FABULOUS IDEA!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a 'sweet' idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I need some of your willpower though. I have 2 kids, only 1 would probably get a bag to share because I would eat the others lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Paula,
    I'm a new follower and I am so sorry I was not already a follower. I love your blog and thought I was already following you then today I realized I wasn't on your list. I'm so sorry and so glad I realized it. I absolutely love your blog, hope you will forgive me.
    Thanks for hosting the hop.
    U R AWESOME!!!
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look professionally done, Paula! And you didn't eat any of your wares? Wow! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so striking! You're so clever! I am a sucker for anything involving rainbows! I've never seen the twizzlers in any other colour than red- what flavours are the other ones??

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! They'd be great favors for a rainbow party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so wonderful Paula! I like to see anything featuring rainbow colours. Always lifts the spirit! Thanks for sharing on Creative Monday and enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just featured this on "An Oldie but a Goodie" link party that I am now co-hosting with Small Things with Love! http://www.cutesycrafts.com/2013/03/an-oldie-but-goodie-9.html So cute! - Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola Paula!
    I love rainbows! Very sweet idea. Thanks for linking up!

    ~SimplyyMayra :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a perfect sweetie bag for St. Paddys day!
    Thanks so much for linking up on Tutorial Thursdays, love your crafts, hope to see you again this week :)
    x
    Natalie
    www.marigoldsloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these I tried to make them but I couldn't find the twizzlers for the life of me!

    So cute! stopping by from WW Blog Hop.

    Alexis from Running Away? I'll Help You Pack!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What kid wouldn't want to get this from a sneaky leprechaun? I'll be featuring these on my blog tomorrow!

    http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

    Thanks for linking up!
    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look brilliant.. and the Rainbow Connection always reminds me of my mum. Love that song :)

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.