Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

March 4, 2013

Quaker Product Review ...


Last week I received three Quaker products for myself and my family to try out:  Big Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (60% larger), Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, and Perfect Portions Instant Oatmeal.


Granola Bars:


I was excited that a company had finally made larger granola bars. The average granola bars are normally so teeny that they don't fill you up, but these do fill you up, and perhaps may be slightly too big. They are 60% bigger than the regular size.  Personally I think 50% bigger would have been better, unless your a boy with an endless appetite.   The taste is just like the regular size Quaker Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, which my kids have always liked.  They are definitely a quick and easy snack to grab on the go.

Cookies: 


I wasn't sure what to expect with the cookies, but I found them to be pretty good.  They come in individual serving packets of 4 smallish cookies each.  To me the flavor was similar to Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies, but they are not as hard and crunchy.  I don't think I'd go out of my way to purchase these cookies, but if I spotted them in the store I'd know I'd buy them. They would make a nice treat to stick in your child's lunchbox.

Instant Oatmeal:


This ended up being my favorite product of the three.  Adjustable serving size Instant Oatmeal in a nice pouch bag, with a ziplock top. There is no sugar added, and the one I received was Cinnamon.  Following the package instructions I put one serving of oatmeal in a bowl, added boiling water, waited a minute, and then added a bit of brown sugar.  To me the end result tasted just as good as making homemade oatmeal, without the mess.  You can make as little as 1/2 a serving which seems to be about the size of the instant oatmeal packets, or you can make up to eight servings which would be the whole bag.  I would highly recommend this particular oatmeal if you have instant oatmeal fans in your home.
  


Looking Ahead:

Tomorrow afternoon beginning at 12PM US EST my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party will be open for entries! If you participate in WW, I'd love to see what you have to share this week :)

Also, Thursday beginning at 12PM US EST my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party will be open.  This is a fun one, and I hope to see you there!  I want to say a GIANT THANK YOU to all of last week's participants! You helped make the party a huge success! 

I'll also have some fun things to share with you in between!  
Wishing you all a lovely week :)

Sincerely,

Paula

5 comments:

Masshole Mommy said...

I don't care much for oatmeal, but I love those larger granola bars. I am totally going to scout those out the next time I am at the store.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Yum!! I am glad that they made the granola bars bigger too!!

Irfan Butt said...

yummy! thanks for sharing..

Theresa said...

Finally a bigger granola bar! I agree, the current ones are so tiny, I always end up going back for a second one!

Allison eats oatmeal every morning. I'll be on the look out for this new pack!

Rea T said...

i am an oatmeal and granola bar eater, so this review is really helpful for me, thanks paula!

thanks for following me, i am now following you too!

huggies♥
rea