Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

March 21, 2013

{ Trend Watch } Crazy Flavored Doughnuts!


Recently there has been a trend with strange flavored products such as Tuna Mayo Doritos,  Queen City Cayenne Ice Cream, and Turkey and Gravy Cola.  Just the names of these foods are enough to make me queasy.  But lookout! The crazy flavors trend has now moved onto the world of doughnuts!  

Who doesn't love a good doughnut?  I just love walking into the coffee shop or a bakery, and smelling the freshly baked circles of goodness. But, would you be willing to trade your jelly-filled doughnut for a vanilla frosted doughnut covered in Captain Crunch cereal?  Or how about a bacon doughnut?

If your feeling queasy you may want to look away now, otherwise continue reading! Here are some crazy/yucky/gross doughnut flavors I came across on my doughnut adventure!


Captain Crunch Doughnut
Source



Bacon Doughnut
Source


Worm Hole Doughnut
(Jalapeno, tequila, lime, and a real worm)
Source

Dried Pork and Seaweed 

Doughnut
(luckily only offered in China :)
Source


Italian Spice and Cheese 

Doughnut
(Thankfully only available in India)
Source

Have you ever tried a crazy flavored doughnut? What did you think? Personally I wouldn't take a chance with a crazy doughnut ;)




Looking Ahead:

Be sure to stop back anytime after 12PM US EST and link up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party! If you haven't linked up with me before this party is a great way to network and make new friends.  You can link up anything you like because there are NO RULES!  Come link up your blogs, G+ pages, FB pages, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy shops ...


Sincerely,

Paula


16 comments:

WhatJeanLikes said...

Oh those look delicious!! Thank you so much for linking up with past Aloha Friday Blog Hops!! I'm just now getting around to following everyone back. I've followed you via Bloglovin. If you have time, I hope you follow me back if you haven't already!!

The new Aloha Friday Blog Hop launches Thursday evening and we are hosting a GREAT giveaway!!! Come and check it out tomorrow! Aloha Friday Blog Hop HERE!

Aloha,

Jean {What Jean Likes}

Masshole Mommy said...

Ew, a bacon donut? Yuck, but I bet my kids would like it. I think I'll just stick to my apple over here.....

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Not thinking I could try any of these! lol!!! That worm one is really odd! LOL! :)

Rekita Nicole | Her and Nicole said...

omg, why does a bacon doughnut sound so good to me...lol!

Judy Haughton-James said...

Oh wow! Look at the variety of doughnuts! I love doughnuts and would like to try these Paula!:) Have a good day.

Lorraine @ Cookin For the Seven Dwarfs said...

There is a place here in Oregon called VooDoo Doughnuts and they sell some of these! I've actually tried the Captain Crunch doughnut and Bacon doughnut and they are both really good! :) Especially the bacon one! Its the perfect sweet and salty flavor. I would never try the worm hole doughnut....YUCK

Danica Bridges-Martin said...

Yeah, feeling queasy! :) Danica

Kamila Z said...

fine

Happy Spring :)

http://newlifewithfashion.blogspot.com/2013/03/426-retro-lady.html

Theresa said...

I'll stick to Krispy Kreme, thanks! Those are just disgusting, but they don't surprise me. The nasty food my husband sent me pictures of from his Taiwan trip made me realize I have been living a very sheltered food life!

mail4rosey said...

Theresa was talking about your doughnut post, so I had to come look. Oh my...

lol

These are GROSS!!! The worm is the grossest. They sure made gross look pretty though, didn't they? This is a good post to keep me on my diet. :)

aimymichelle said...

that worm one almost made me puke.

i would love to try a captian crunch donut i've seen them at the fred meyers by my house before.

i usually stick with the maple bar though.

jenn_are said...

I'd totally eat the Cap'n Crunch ones.

Staci Luker said...

New Follower from the Blog Hop!

www.lukerfamilytales.com :)

Ms. Morgan said...

Some of those are def crazy. I live in Portland and we have Voodoo Doughnuts (that does the bacon maplebar and a captn' crunch doughnut) but I've never heard of a worm hole doughnut! Which sounds amazing.

Stopping by from the Friday Chaos blog hop.
Hope you can come check out msmorgansrealitycheck.blogspot.com

Happy Blogging,
Ms. Morgan
(co-host)

Gwen said...

Some of those sound gross, but I've had maple bacon cupcakes before that were really good, and living in Columbus I'm a frequent eater of Jeni's ice cream. The Queen City Cayenne is quite delicious if you like spicy stuff!

Joanna Pabel said...

yummy . now I hungry :-)