.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

April 22, 2013

Can you cut costs during college? I found one way!



My daughter Taryne is a senior in high school, and we're excited thinking about prom, graduation, parties etc.  We've also been very busy planning for college, which is no easy task, as you may know if you've been through this process yourself.

Taryne has decided she's going to go for her Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, and she'll become an RN.  She has made the decision to attend Rivier University in Nashua, NH, because this particular school fits perfectly with what Taryne's been looking for.  

During our visits to the school it became apparent that the students and professors alike were very welcoming and friendly. The school's campus is nice and small, as well as the classes.  Her professors will know her by name, and her personality.  Most importantly though, they have a terrific nursing program which has the advantage of allowing her to be out in the real world learning, far before other nursing schools.

Even with this being such an exciting process, there is still the worry of cost.  Everything costs so much money.  I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who wonders how this is all going to work out in the end, and is looking for ways to save money if at all possible.

Save Money during College :
One of the areas I've been thinking about trying to save money on is textbooks.  Year by year, the cost of purchasing college textbooks can be outrageous, so I had personally planned to look into textbook rental, and how the whole process works.  

It was then that I was invited by CampusBookRentals.com for a partnership ~ talk about perfect timing!  After looking at their website, it became apparent that this is definitely a cost-effective way to go.

Some perks are :

* save 40-90% off of bookstore prices
* largest selection in the nation 
* free shipping both ways
* 30 day risk free returns
* can highlight in the textbooks 
* flexible renting periods
* rent back your books
* chose to purchase your rental books
* live customer support
* donation made to Operation Smile with each textbook rented
 (read more about this wonderful cause below)

Making a difference :
CampusBookRentals.com partners with the children's charity Operation Smile.  They are an awesome organization that performs life changing cleft lip surgeries on children whose families could not otherwise afford it.  The long term improvement in quality of life for the children that receive these surgeries is almost incomprehensible.




Looking Ahead:
I have an exciting week planned for you!

   Tomorrow I am hosting a terrific Giveaway for my fantastic blog sponsor Angie of Snack Cups and Smiles!  Be sure to come on by and see what Angie's sweet gift will be!

 Beginning at 12PM US EST tomorrow, my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party will be open for entries!  I love to see what you all have to share each week :) 

♥  Thursday I have designated as my day of the week to reveal some things about myself that you may not know by just reading my blog alone, in my post titled "The Girl Behind the Blog".  This week though I will be taking a break from to bring you a story from Heather which will tug at your heartstrings, and realize what a gift life is. This is truly phenomenal!    


 To end the week, beginning Thursday afternoons, I also host a NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!  This is a fun one, because you can share anything you like!  I want to shout out a GIANT THANK YOU to all of last week's participants! You help to make the party a huge success! 


Wishing you all a lovely week :)


Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

No comments:

Post a Comment

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.