.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

April 15, 2013

Have you ever wished for more time in a day?


Normally at the end of the day I'm so tired that I'm happy to collapse on the couch, or hop into bed with a book.  Recently though I've been kind of wishing that there were a few more hours added to the day so that I could do just a few more things!  Things that in the end wouldn't make me even more tired, but rather maybe I'd feel more rested, relaxed and happy.

So, what would I choose to do if I were given a few extra hours each day?  This certainly wasn't a difficult question for me to answer!  Here are my top eight choices, although if I let myself I could have gone on and on... 


1)              Exercise
Photo Source

I know exercise is important, but I feel that it also takes a big chunk out of my day.  Between getting kids off to school, exercising, showering and then getting dressed, the is already 1/4 of the way over!  In this same amount of time I could have also had coffee, eaten breakfast, showered, blow dried, straightened the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen, and done 3 loads of laundry and one errand.



2)        Improve my Etsy shop

My sweet little Etsy shop deserves a bit more attention.  I have so many creative things floating around in my brain.  Things that I'd love to make, and list for sale. Handmade cards, handmade envelopes, paper party supplies, softies, jewelry, headbands... the list only goes on from there!


3)       Organize my home
There are many areas of my home that need to be organized. Kitchen, clothes, paperwork...I just know that it is going to take many hours to get it to where it needs to be.  


4)        Personal crafting

Because one of my goals is to add some new and exciting items to my Etsy shop, I many times put personal crafting aside.  I'd really love to make some doll clothes before Autumn grows out of that stage!  I'd also love to make some fun accents to put around the house!


5)         Blog more

Your probably thinking really??? But what I mean is that I don't just blog to blog, but I love connecting with others, visiting other blogs, returning comments and follows I receive, etc.  Unfortunately it is difficult to keep up with it all, and I could truly spend my entire day, from morning til night, on the computer and I still wouldn't accomplish it all!


6)        Do some fun shopping
Photo Source

Between food shopping, and many other unpleasant errands that need to be done, there's not much time left for fun shopping.  After doing errands etc. all day who wants to stroll around the mall looking for something new to wear? Not me!  But, if there were more time in the day I wouldn't mind taking a little more me time.


7)        Watch TV or movies

Every morning as I down my coffee I watch the news.  After that the TV goes off for the day.  Even if I felt like it, I refuse to sit down in front of the TV during the day when there's so much else to be done.  Then come nightfall, there's too much family TV competition to bother, or I'm just too tired.  So these days I barely watch any shows or movies and am very behind on all that.


8)       Slow down
Photo Source

By slowing down I refer to the fact that I feel like I'm in a race to do as much as humanly possible before my time and energy run out.  This is not fun, and is really pretty stressful.  If there were more hours in a day, I wouldn't need to move so fast.



Have you ever wished for more time in your day?
If so what would you choose to do with that time?


Looking Ahead:

Tomorrow afternoon beginning at 12PM US EST, my Wordless Wednesday Blog Party will be open for entries!  I love to see what you all have to share each week :)


 If you love blog parties like I do, I also host a NO RULES Weekend Blog Party beginning Thursday afternoons.  This is a fun one, because you can share anything you like!  I want to shout out a GIANT THANK YOU to all of last week's participants! You help to make the party a huge success! 


And I always have some fun things to share in between!!

Wishing you all a lovely week :)

Sincerely,

Paula

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

8 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,

    My Monday hop is now live @ http://theseamanmom.blogspot.com/2013/04/smiles_15.html and I would love to see you there.

    Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said - I have so much on this week that I could do with double the time I have available!

    Have a great (if too busy!) week.

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wish for more time in the day- sometimes to be productive and sometimes just to have an hour or two to relax. Glad we are on the same page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with all of your list but I would like to add..Playing! I feel like I am so busy all the time that I never get a chance to just stop and have fun! I need to find more time to play with my dogs, or to run around the playground at the park with the kids instead of being go go go all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I so agree with the crafting. I have so many ideas, and no time to do them in :(

    It's funny you should mention organizing. I have committed to getting most of my home organized this week. I'm taking it a section at a time so I don't get overwhelmed. Today was the lingerie drawers and closets. I am surprised at how much crap I hang on to that I just don't need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on 1,3,5 and 8. I never have enough time to dedicate to those 4. Just an additional hour would do wonders to me :)

    Thanks so much for linking up at my hop, Paula, I truly appreciate that and I'm looking forward to see your wonderful posts on my next Monday's hop.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only there were more hours in the day! My list would be very similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.