.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

April 4, 2013

No-Reply Commenter...



First of all what is a no-reply commenter, 
and how do you know if you are one?  

If you are a no-reply commenter that basically means that if you leave a  nice comment on a blog, and their comments are sent to their email, that they cannot reply back to you through this actual email.  If you have things set correctly they can reply through this email.

So, how do you know if you are a no-reply commenter? Well as in my case another friendly blogger may mention it to you, which is super nice because otherwise you may never know.  But if you'd like to test it out yourself, just make sure that comments left on your blog are sent to your email (if not just adjust that in your comment settings), and then simply leave yourself a "test" comment.

Next go to your email and see if it shows your email address next to your name, or if not it may say "no-reply commenter".  If that is the case then you may want to go ahead and fix this.  

Fixing this is where I ran into a problem. There are many tutorials out there, and until recently I actually thought that I had fixed my status, but NOPE!  The directions I followed didn't quite match up to what my dashboard looked like, therefore it was never fixed.    

Fortunately another blogger was kind enough to mention it to me again, which confused me because I thought everything was all set. So I went ahead and did the self-test, and then visited a link she sent me with instructions that worked!

These instructions included information about how if your blog is connected to your G+ profile, than you need to go about fixing the issue in a slightly different way.

Personally I can't even remember exactly what I did.  I just followed the instructions  I was sent, crossed my fingers that it would work and that my blog wouldn't be all messed up after the fact.  And guess what? It worked!

So instead of trying to explain this fix myself, I thought it would be best if I gave you the link which has very good instructions:
You've probably visited Adrianne's blog before as she is a very popular lady, and smart as well.  Good luck :)



Looking Ahead:

Be sure to stop back anytime after 12PM US EST and link up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party! If you haven't linked up with me before this party is a great way to network and make new friends.  You can link up anything you like because there are NO RULES!  Come link up your blogs, G+ pages, FB pages, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy shops ...

Last week there were 148 entries!! I'd like to thank everyone who takes the time to stop by and link up with my party ~ it really means a lot to me, and I truly appreciate it :) I'm still catching up on last weeks follows as I've been super busy, BUT I did not forget you if you were wondering!! This weekend will be catch-up time!


Sincerely,

Paula

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. This is the second time I have seen a post about this and I am still yet to check!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Useful information, Paula! Thanks for sharing. I am going to have to check to see if I am an offender ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have mine set up with my email... because a lot of people send me an email thanking me for visiting their blog instead of just visiting mine instead! LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this information Paula. I think I have things right. Unfortunately someone tried to access my Google account so this morning I had to change my password. I now need to find a way to Sync my Google+ and Blogger account with this change. Take care and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am in the clear. I just sent myself a blog reply and it shows my name. When I click on it, it takes me to my blogger profile. Is that what no reply commenter means? Ugh, I feel I am never going to learn everything I need to about blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you posted this, because I know so many people don't even realize they are a no-reply blogger. I didn't for the longest time!
    -Katie
    www.clarkscondensed.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this, I'm pretty sure I had my blog down as the way of contacting me rather than the email, which you can find at the blog under contacts but have now changed that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apparently google changes it at times because I've told several that theirs did that and they told me they had changed it. And that google must have changed it back or something. It's weird how it's not automatically set to be your email

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.