.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

April 11, 2013

The Girl Behind the Blog Series { 1 }


Introducing my newest blog series:

The Girl Behind the Blog

Between my photo over there to the left, and all the fruity comments I leave my fellow bloggy friends, I figured I was putting enough of myself out there for the world to see. 
 
Lately though I've been thinking of ways to shake things up around here, and this is how my new blog series has come to be.  And what better way to spark interest than revealing all of my deepest, darkest secrets? Well, not really, but over the next few weeks (or for however long I keep this series going for) you will learn more about me.

Each Thursday morning, weather permitting, I will reveal things about myself that you can't see from reading my blog alone. What am I really like? What are my quirks? What do I love, and what do I hate?  Keep reading to find out, and come back every Thursday morning for a new reveal :)

Here goes!

Here goes!
Reveal #1

I HATE having my picture taken, and am super un-photogenic.  99.9% of the photos you  see of me are self-portraits, I kid you not.  I need to be in control of the whole photography situation ~ the poses, the faces (which I have several of lol), the clothes, and the location.  I need to immediately check the photo and decide if I need to go on and take more, which is usually the case, many times over.  I don't just snap a few pics and bam, find one that's acceptable, but I can take as many as 75 or more self portraits, and hate ALL of them. Crazy I know!! 

You may have noticed that my blog profile photo is new.  This was taken last week during an ultra-private photo session (just me ;), outdoors, on a nice warm day.  I had on a bright yellow shirt, and was having an ok hair day. I figured it would be simple and quick to get a good shot, but NO!  

I whittled down all 150 of the photos I took to the eight below, and the one I chose for my profile photo.  And I don't love any of them.  



   
Well there ya go! Whew, I got that one outta the way!

Another twist I'd like to put on this  series is to take questions from you! You can ask me anything you like, and I will randomly chose one question to answer here next week in addition to my next reveal :)  Now's your chance ~ ask away!!



Looking Ahead:

Be sure to stop back later on today after 12PM US EST and link up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party! If you haven't linked up with me before this party is a great way to network and make new friends.  You can link up anything you like because there are NO RULES!  Come link up your blogs, G+ pages, FB pages, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy shops ...

Last week there were 140 entries!! I'd like to thank everyone who takes the time to stop by and link up with my party ~ it really means a lot to me, and I truly appreciate it :) 


Sincerely,

Paula


 
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

16 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm the same. I feel so awkward taking self shots but I do it cause...makeup? xD I end up taking a loooooad of photos and only selecting a few that are passable too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally adorbs, so there is really no need to be camera shy Paula - but with that said, I get it. Back when I weighed A LOT more than I do now, I was hardly ever in photos, but now that I took the weight off, I tend to seek out the camera a little more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! I totally feel ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Private photo session, hilarious! Keep up the great self portrait work, and cool hair-do btw! :) Danica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw you in photos FINALLY! haha..You look beautiful so don't be shy to take photos of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HATE having my photo taken! The camera does not love me lol. I did notice your new pic last time I was here and meant to comment on it. I like it! I also love your little blue hair bow in the other pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great idea Paula! I think you did a wonderful job with the self portraits. In recent years I have not been keen to take pictures as my twin is no longer around. Here is a question for you. Are you a city or country girl?!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable, cute "girl behind the blog" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great series! I do a similar one on my blog called A Little About Diana which I post at the end of each month. I am not a big fan of having my photo taken...if I don't feel I look very good at the time. Which is a lot of the time! LOL!

    Where have you traveled and where do you hope to travel?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do the self photos too click delete click delete and on and on!!! Love this post! You are beauuuuutyyyful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the new pic! The collage is nice too.

    My question is, what is your favorite thing to do for your me-time?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paula you are beautiful! I only have a few odd photos of myself and those are ones I take of myself. I am always behind the camera so very rarely in front of it. LOl Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are never comfortable in our own skin. Yay you did it!! And I love the added touch of the flower!!

    Thank you for linking to Raising Imperfection.
    Please come back Friday to see if you were featured. :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•*´
    (¸¤ Lanaya | xoxo
    www.raising-reagan.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the color of your shirt and the flower, very pretty.

    Thank you for linking up to Raising Imperfection!
    Make sure to check back on Friday to see if you were featured.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL. Paula, you are so cute and quirky. If you find yourself in SC, let me know. I'm a photographer and I love, love, love doing photo shoots. Hopefully, I could make you feel a whole lot more comfortable in front of a camera! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linking up with my Friday Flash Blog community. Thanks for joining and sharing in the fun! Have a terrific week and see you this weekend.

    Jennifer
    www.thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.