My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

May 27, 2013

Memorial Day ...


For me Memorial Day has two meanings.  The first that it is the kickoff to summer.  
Out come the shorts and swimsuits, and the BBQ's begin.

The second, and most important, is to remember those who fought for our freedom, and paid the ultimate sacrifice of loss of life.  It is also a day to thank the brave who fought and made it through, and to those who fight for our freedom today.

Below is a free printable created by the lovely Erin from How to Nest for Less.
I just discovered her sweet blog today and am so happy that I did!




Below I'm sharing two infographics with some information 
about Memorial Day you may not have heard before. 





How do you celebrate Memorial Day?

My family will be attending our town's Memorial Day 
Parade & Ceremony followed by a little BBQ.

However you choose to spend your day, 
I hope it's a good one.


Looking Ahead:

Tomorrow I'll be back to share a few Father's Day cards that I made over the weekend!

 If you participate in Wordless Wednesday be sure to stop back here tomorrow afternoon {Tuesday} anytime after 12 PM US EST, and link up!   I love to see what you all have to share each week :)

♥  Thursday is my designated day of the week where I will reveal some things about myself that you may not know by just reading my blog alone, in my post titled "The Girl Behind the Blog".  Last week I shared my slight hair obsession ~ weird but true lol.

 If you haven't yet entered my GIVEAWAY for a free customizable love coupon booklet there's still plenty of time!  You can read my product review and enter HERE!

 And last but not least, if you love blog parties like I do, I also host a NO RULES Weekend Blog Party beginning Thursday afternoons.  This is a fun one, because you can share anything you like!  I want to shout out a GIANT THANK YOU to all of last week's participants! You help to make the party a huge success! 


Sincerely,

Paula

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Beautiful post ... we always go to the cemetery and place flowers at some family members grave sites ....

Kathy Radigan said...

Happy Memorial day. It's easy to get caught up in the fun of the beginning summer, but you are so right, the real reason for Memorial Day is to honor those men, women and families who have, and continue to put their lives on the line everyday so that we can enjoy the promises of this country. Thanks for the great graphics too. Wishing you and yours a happy day!

Stephen Sluder said...

Wow... I did not know that there are (avg) 28 burials per day.

And I did not realize we had more casualties during the Civil War than any other War.

A "Well Done" Salute to our Men & Women in Uniform, Past & Present.

Have a great Day Paula... Slu

mail4rosey said...

This is a great post, Paula. We spent a couple of hours watching a tribute and parade.

It was raining, but still very touching and nice.

Theresa said...

Happy Memorial Day! This was the first year we did not go to or have a party. It was very low key, but it did rain, so I am glad we didn't make any plans.

Jessica @ The Wondering Brain said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us @ My Favorite Posts SHOW OFF Weekend Blog Party!

Jessica
The Wondering Brain