.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

May 2, 2013

The Girl Behind the Blog #3!


Ok are you ready?  Lets get this out in the open and out of the way real fast!  It's once again time for my new blog series I call "The Girl Behind the Blog"!  

Each Thursday morning, weather permitting, I will reveal things about myself that you can't see from reading my blog alone. What am I really like? What are my quirks? What do I love, and what do I hate?  Keep reading to find out, and come back every Thursday morning for a new reveal :)

Here goes!


Reveal #3

I don't know if you'd call this a habit that won't die, a mid-life crisis, or just something plain weird with me, but to this very day I'm obsessed with not just 80's music, but hair bands in particular.

Here's a photo I found of exactly what one wall in my bedroom looked like lol.

If you knew me way back when, you already know exactly how and when this whole music obsession began.  And not just the music, but my entire being.  The hair, the makeup, the clothes. the giant speakers in my bedroom which would rock the whole house if turned up loud enough (I bet my parents regretted that purchase after awhile lol).

I loved boys with long hair who were into the same kind of music.  I stayed up very late on Saturday nights to watch "Headbanger's Ball".  I went to many concerts with my friends, and have most likely ruined my hearing.  

And I suppose since I'm on the subject, I should dig out a photo of myself from back then to share. Since I don't look like this anymore, you can laugh, make fun of, and comment on it all you like!  I looked like I stepped out of a music video every day of my life.



Me and my friends circa 1989 ~ Me lower right...and that's all I'm showin'!

Yes, I still LOVE hair bands, and every summer someone interesting will come around and play a show.  And when they do I'm right there, minus the big hair, makeup and weird clothes ;)

Well that's probably all you can handle right about now!!  If you'd like to ask me any questions about myself now's your chance! Just leave me a comment and I may chose your question to answer right here next week! 


          

And before I go I have some happy news for one lucky person!!! The winner of the giveaway I hosted for Angie from Snack Cups and Smiles is........ 


                         Sarah De Diego!!!

Sarah has won two $10 Target gift cards and one 
month of ad space on Snack Cups and Smiles!
Congratulations!!



Looking Ahead:

Be sure to stop back later on today after 12PM US EST and link up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party! If you haven't linked up with me before this party is a great way to network and make new friends.  You can link up anything you like because there are NO RULES!  Come link up your blogs, G+ pages, FB pages, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy shops ...

Last week there were 155 entries!! I'd like to thank everyone who takes the time to stop by and link up with my party ~ it really means a lot to me, and I truly appreciate it :) 


Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha - I love 80's music, hair bands included. I've seen Poison, Warrant, Def Leppard, Skid Row and a whole bunch of others live....in the 2000's, not the 80's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girlllllllllll... I love 80's hair bands!!!!! Poison, Motley Crue, G-N-R, even STRIPER (remember them???? The Christian hair band?!?!? LOL!!) ... I had the hair too... though it was probably easier on me than most, my hair is all ready naturally curly! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look adorable!! Totally 80's rock band! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was an 80's girl too...lordy, all that HAIR. My kids see the pictures and I think it scares them a little!

    Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`¤... Jennifer
    Jenn's Random Scraps

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wish I would have grown up in that era. I was 10 in 1989, so no cool concerts for me. I take that back, I went to Styx when they came to town, only because I won tickets from the radio to see them.

    I love everything about the 80's! The music, the toys, the cartoons, the bad perms and clothes. It was definitely a great decade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! You look amazing in that photo. I had a bit of a thing for boys with long hair and rocker boots too, so am totally with you on this one.

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha i love your 'about me'!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol I still go to see The Crue! When I was 22 weeks pregnant I went to see them and man was she kickin when Tommy was doing his solo! love it!

    I remember headbangers ball!

    in 89 my group of girls stormed a hotel looking for Winger and Slaughter.
    Another concert we got to go back stage and met Slaughter...I love me some drummers!

    In fact I married one! He played in a speed metal band that opened for Suidical Tendancies.

    I was the Aqua Net Tawny Kitaen of our lil group!

    love the hair bands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great picture. I would like to see more! I love everything 80's!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.