.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

May 23, 2013

The Girl Behind the Blog #6!


Oh boy, here we go again! It's time for my new blog series I call 

"The Girl Behind the Blog" 



What is all this about you ask?!!

Each Thursday morning I will reveal things about myself that you can't see from reading my blog alone. What am I really like? What are my quirks? What do I love, and what do I hate?  Keep reading to find out, and come back every Thursday morning for a new reveal :)


Reveal #6!

I have a slight obsession with my hair.


This week I chose to reveal this fun little fact about myself because Rachel from The Tao of Poop had commented on last week's reveal about me getting lost very easily while driving, that I look fabulous even while lost lol.  So I thought I'd explain that there is a reason I try not to leave the house with messy hair!

It all started way back in junior high, when feathered hair was in style.  There were girls who had pin straight hair that feathered perfectly.  Then there were girls like me who had curly hair that did what it wanted. 

Kristi Mcnichol 

Moving on to high school, I followed the big hair bandwagon, which you can read more about here!  My hair was probably the biggest in the entire high school.  And it took two cans of hairspray a week to keep it that way!

Ugh!

After high school I tamed my hair down quite a bit, although I still kept it long for many years.  Then I went to maybe medium length hair.  At this point I would never have imagined going any shorter, but right before my third child was born I got the urge to do just that.

Slightly tamed down, but long

At the time I had been admiring a lot of the shorter hairstyles that I was seeing out there, and figured that this would be the perfect time to try out something new as I would be spending lots of time at home with a new baby.  And once I did it I was so happy I had.

Pregnancy shot!

When I first went shorter I had a pretty basic bob-like cut.  Then I became a bit more adventurous and started adding a little pizazz to my cut, with funky layers and bangs etc.    And this is where I am now.

Funky

And I guess I should mention that I am also one to wash her hair, blow dry and straighten it, just to go sit on the beach lol.  I guess I kind of live by this quote:




Looking Ahead:

Be sure to stop back later on today after 12PM US EST and link up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party! If you haven't linked up with me before this party is a great way to network and make new friends.  You can link up anything you like because there are NO RULES!  Come link up your blogs, G+ pages, FB pages, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Etsy shops ...

Last week there were 131 entries!! I'd like to thank everyone who takes the time to stop by and link up with my party ~ it really means a lot to me, and I truly appreciate it :) 


Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

6 comments:

  1. I actually JUST got my first layers about a month ago. Nothing too crazy. You see, I have VERY curly hair and you can't layer curly hair, but I've been getting keratin for almost 3 years now, so it's straight for the most part.....I'd just been too scared to layer it because of all the years of living with curls. I finally took the plunge, though and I am still not sure how I feel about it LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the old big hair shots! I had that too ... Aqua Net and Rave RULED my hairspray world! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your various hairstyles have fit you over the years Paula. I have never cut my hair very short but I think it fits me at least on my shoulder. These days I usually comb it back in one. By the way, that message on the pin made me laugh! Enjoy the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Paula. Love your post and love that saying. I should live by that more. I will go out in sweats and no make-up. even thought I vowed when I turned 30 - to always wear makeup when I headed out. I am far from 30. LOL!! thanks for sharing about yourself. Love learning about the people I interact with in cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never would have thought you ever had long hair!! I love your sassy cut you have going now!! Love this series, I always wish to know more about everyone!!!

    Thanks for sharing (especially that high school pic!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty hairs :)

    http://newlifewithfashion.blogspot.com/2013/05/473-white-yellow.html

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.