.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

June 3, 2013

"Life is like a piano ...

... what you get out of it, depends on how you play it."
{Source unknown}

My daughter Taryne has taken piano lessons since junior high, and twice a year there is a recital in which she plays ~ one at Christmas and one in the spring, marking the end of the school year.  

At each spring recital we reflect upon how quickly the school year has passed, and are usually looking forward to a bit of a slower summer schedule. But this year's spring recital was a bit different.  Bittersweet.

This was Taryne's last recital before she goes off to college.   This means she will no longer be taking piano lessons, and although the summer may start of at a slower pace, it will be sure to pick right up again mid-summer as we prepare for her to go off to college at the end of August.

This is yet another of many milestones to come, which I will be sure to remember forever.






 Waiting for the show to begin...
not liking the fact that I'm already taking pictures!


Taryne's up! 
She played Rustles of Spring op 32 #3 by C. Sinding


Whew, look at that smile...recitals over!


One last photo to remember this moment...




Looking Ahead:


 If you participate in Wordless Wednesday be sure to stop back here tomorrow afternoon {Tuesday} anytime after 12 PM US EST, and link up!   I love to see what you all have to share each week :)

Thursday morning I will be introducing a new blog series which is similar to my Fabulous Friday Finds post.  This is where I choose a weekly theme, browse Etsy for handmade, vintage and/or repurposed items which fit this particular theme, create a beautiful collage, and post it here with direct links to each Etsy shop featured. 

 And last but not least, if you love blog parties like I do, I also host a NO RULES Weekend Blog Party beginning Thursday afternoons.  This is a fun one, because you can share anything you like!  I want to shout out a GIANT THANK YOU to all of last week's participants! You help to make the party a huge success! 

And in between I always have some fun things to share :)


Wishing you all a lovely week!

Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

13 comments:

  1. They grow up WAY too fast, don't they? She is beautiful and I am sure she's so excited about the next chapter in her life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest son is "graduating" from elementary school and moves onto middle school next fall. The time does go by so quickly. Both my boys have been taking piano lessons since they were in first grade. They will be performing a duet in a couple weeks for the spring recital. It's so fun watching them, especially since I don't have a musical bone in my body. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! I am sure you are so proud of her!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful smile! I know you're proud! My son is only a baby but I still can't wait for the day when he'll be in those cute little school plays & such, I can only imagine the feeling! Best to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is really bittersweet... Time passes way too quickly!! You must be so proud though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the summer break with her, before she goes off to college. It must be an emotional but exciting time for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous! Good luck to her at college next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how exciting!!! :) I have actually been thinking about piano lessons for our big girl, but she's only 6. I'm not sure the best age to start. Your daughter is beautiful, and you must be so proud! :) ~ Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's a beautiful girl and you must be so proud! Enjoy the summer together before college.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paula! thank you for joining our Let's Get Social Sunday Party Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, it does feel bittersweet just reading about it, but she looks far too happy to be saddish for even more than a second!

    She's a beauty too. :) Glad she had a good recital. Getting ready to send them off to college is hard, isn't it? I still miss mine that have gone off to do their own thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It will totally change the dynamics of your family. I know. I've had three leave for college. It's bitter sweet.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2013/06/wordless-wednesday-event-management.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah yes, bittersweet - I remember the day when my son performed at his last concert *sniff* But how wonderful that Taryne is an accomplished pianist - a skill that will stay with her for the rest of her life, even if it goes a little rusty from time to time!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.