.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

September 19, 2013

5 Fun Fall Facts . . .


The inevitable is about to occur next week. ~ the official arrival of fall.  We all know summer has to end at some point, and some of us like to pretend it's still kind of summer until the calendar actual tells us otherwise.  Us being me, and many others I'm sure! 


I thought today would be a good day to share some fun fall facts with you.  Some of them are just interesting facts, while others may be something new you never knew!

1}  There is no difference between autumn and fall.  Supposedly the term autumn is preferred in the UK, while fall is used more in the US. Before this it was simply called harvest.

2}   The No. Eastern US is one of the best places in the world for viewing a large variety of fall colors.  (Yay for NH!)

3}  Apples, squash and pumpkins are plentiful during the fall.

4}  There are two days during the year when you can take an egg and stand in on it's end.  One being the spring equinox, and the other being the fall equinox. (This is new to me!)

5}  Animals are now preparing to hibernate by eating as much as they can so that they can survive until spring.  Around here there are always tons of squirrels scurrying all over gathering acorns.

Did you all know about the egg fact, or was I the only one?





Looking Ahead:


Be sure to drop by anytime over the weekend beginning this afternoon to link up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party !!!  I missed a few weeks, but I promised I'd be back!  This is a fun party, because you can share anything you like! 



Sincerely,

Paula
Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. Never heard about the egg one and the autumn and fall one. I just thought Autumn was the technical term for the season. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. So neat! I never knew about the standing egg thing either until a few years ago...and we tried it! It's the coolest thing ever! (Here's a little post about it- http://3sonsplus1.blogspot.com/2010/09/soccer-stars-apple-pickers-special.html)

    Enjoy this beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The egg fact is new to me! I am not looking forward to seeing summer go, but I am looking forward to all the delicious apple and pumpkin recipes that come with this season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know about the eggs. I did know about squirrels though, they store their acorns in the a/c box of my car!! The mechanic has to take it apart and get them out each year.

    :)

    It used to drive me nuts (ahhaha) but now I just expect it. So long as they don't chew wires or anything (knock on wood) I'm okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from Ontario and we use both fall and autumn. :) I think that autumn sounds more fancy XD

    I found your blog on the blog hop and I am a new follower! :D
    www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still pretending it's summer, refusing to put on the fall/winter boots yet... but my toes are starting to get cold!! :) Danica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being English I have always called it Autumn, although after my couple of years in Canada do now find myself talking about Fall too!

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep...summer's my fave season, so I'm in total denial still!! Have you heard of an "Indian Summer"? Maybe we'll get a long one this year!! Thanks for sharing some very interesting facts. I think I've heard the egg one, but didn't know it was during the spring/fall equinox.
    Ann @ Cairn Cottage
    http://cairncottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous autumnal photo, a delight!

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.