Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis

My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

October 14, 2013

How you like them apples?


Happy Day! Once again we've come back around to Monday.  This Monday isn't so bad though as around here it is a day off of school for the kids for Columbus Day.

I always thought that Columbus Day was only celebrated in the US, but I was wrong! It is celebrated in many parts of the world, just by under different names for different countries. Other than my fellow US bloggy friends, who out there celebrates the day Christopher Columbus arrived in America waaaaay back in 1492, and what does your country call this day?   

I'm happy this is a long weekend because I've been very busy over here!  Last Thursday I showed a photo of 40 apples that I was using to make something, and I asked you to guess what you thought it would be. Not one person guessed the correct answer!  It took me two days to complete this project, but it was worth it, and now I will now reveal the answer ...


 Chocolate Caramel Covered Apples!





Notice the tag on the apples?  I made these scrumptious treat as favors for my sister's wedding shower which was held over the weekend! I also made the tags which are shaped like apples and say "He Picked HER and She Picked HIM".  These were a giant sticky mess to make (I figured out why the recipe said to use 5-7 apples and not 40), but everyone loved them :)

Now we are all getting super excited for next weekend which is the wedding! Next week I'll be sharing photos which will include another crafty wedding task I've completed ;)

Looking Ahead:

  Beginning Tuesday afternoon I will be back for Wordless Wednesday!  The party starts Tuesday at 12PM US EST :) Hope to see you there!

  Also, beginning Thursday afternoon I will once again be partying with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party!  This is a fun one, because you can share anything you like!  

 And if I have the energy I may have some crafty things to share in between!


Have a great week!


Sincerely, 

Paula

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhh yum!! My son actually has school today!! Weird!!!

Beth said...

What a cute idea for the apples for the shower!

Theresa said...

My girls didn't get today off. I wonder if the mail will run?

The apples look yummy! And the tags are clever. Good job!

mail4rosey said...

Kids here didn't get the day off, booooo.

The apples look great! Congrats to your sister. :)

Christina Morley said...

I love that idea, he picked her and she picked him. So cute! Great job with the apples. Congrats to your sister. God bless!