My Photo

Hi I'm Paula, a quirky, crafty Mom from New Hampshire. I have a little shop on Etsy where I sell papercrafts, softies and other random goodies :) I'm crazy about Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, blogging, handmade, vintage, networking, making new bloggy friends, and I'm PR friendly too :)

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

♥ Blog Lovin'! ♥

Follow Sincerely, Paula

Linky Followers

I N S T A G R A M ~ O' Snap!

NETWORKED BLOGS

April 15, 2014

Hashtag, #BostonStrong





Today this hashtag is trending as it is one year since two bombs went off at the Boston Marathon.  Whether you live pretty close to where this tragedy occurred, or across the country, this day had an effect on us all.

I came across an article on Boston.com which I think fully describes what #BostonStrong really means.  Following is an excerpt from this article: 


"It can’t be a show of strength to stifle or lock away sadness. It has to be healthy to connect with emotions and understand the tragedy that two bombs can inflict. Strength can’t mean being in control of emotions like an automaton, rather understanding that life – especially in the wake of tragedy – is an unpredictable emotional journey that demands much of our focus and energy. Strength is not the forcing the body to endure injury or trauma, rather understanding the damage inflicted and how we need to heal."

{by Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff  March 17, 2014 08:51 AM}

If you'd like to read the full story please click here.


Sincerely, 
              Paula                 



2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

xoxoxo -- so beautiful!!!!

Mary said...

That is a GREAT article Paula. I'm going through the grief process myself (loss of my mom and father-in-law two weeks apart) that is different but the same. I don't want to lock the emotions away. Some days are easier than others. I'm coming up on the anniversary as well. It's nice to see grief written about.

I hope you're doing well!