.

.

.

.

Sign-up For Blog Updates by Email!

GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT

+GOOGLE PLUS+

January 11, 2016

Soul Searching


Last week I announced my word of the year which was DISCOVERY. Being a newly single mom I have yet to make a plan for my new life. At first the whole thing was overwhelming and scary. A lot of people don't understand why I didn't just plop my youngest in daycare and go to work full-time. Being a stay-at-home mom for the past 12 years has made me realize that this is not the direction I want to go. I truly respect those who have chosen this path and it must be crazy-hard, but it is just not for me.    

I want to be there to see my kids go through all their different milestones. To be there when they're sick and not have to worry about calling into an employer to explain my situation. To be able to afford to send my youngest to the little preschool I love so much. To be in our own little home. And I also want to live a life that I have created doing something that I truly love. To be happy :)



So my dilemma for months has been how can I make this work? What can I do to make enough money to stay home and be able to create a lifestyle I want to live? I've done hours and hours of research, and I know in my heart that I can have this. 





So what have I come up with so far? My first thought was to improve and monetize my blog. Bring it to another level. Become a professional blogger. The trouble with this is that I really like having a blog that isn't so formal, and I really don't really see myself doing this as my job.

My next thought was to look into blog design and other types of graphic design. This is an area that really interests me, and I am always analyzing all the cool blog designs and logos I see out there.  I also love looking at Etsy shops that sell a wide array of products using graphic design. Invitations, party supplies etc. I'm always saying to myself "if only I could do that". And I totally could!

So I'm planning to take a course to learn some skills and see if this is something that I can do. I'm super excited to see how this goes. There's a huge demand for this type of work so I'm hoping that not only will it be enjoyable, but profitable as well. 

Time will tell...



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

10 comments:

  1. Love this!

    I became a mum three months ago and I always thought before becoming pregnant that I would trot off back to work (I was most certainly a career woman)as soon as my maternity leave was up. But now that I've had my little boy, I can't imagine leaving him in day care and missing his milestones. Like you, I've decided to have a go at working my butt off on my blog to bring the money in while my son naps!

    Mum's just have to do whatever works for their individual circumstances, there's no wrong or right answer.

    I wish you all the best for your new future :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for looking at different possibilities!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, I think whatever you put your heart into, you will succeed. I think you are on the right track. Good luck!!

    xo Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with everything for 2016! Am sure you can totally do it if that's what you set your mind to and want to achieve! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do what you love, do what you know, do what you are good at. Take the leap, you don't know unless you give it a go. Best of luck for the coming year. I wish you all the best xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Paula :) I have been a stay at home mum for years too. My youngest is 10 so I now need to think about work. I am trying to make money from my blog but I am guessing it will take time. I can not wait to see where your new plans take you..

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the very best of luck for your new plan Paula! I know you can do it. As someone trying to generate an income so I can stay home for my kids too, I'll be here for you every step of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Paula,
    Wishing you all the best on your new journey. Keep those positive thoughts going and good things will happen! You may not become a full time professional blogger, but I bet there are many small ways you could tweak and monetize your blog that would bring in small (or maybe not so small!) income streams for your family. Definitely something to consider!
    Best wishes!
    www.stayathomeyogi.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good for you - keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best of luck to you Paula!

    I'm excited to share that you're one of our Featured Guests at this week's Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy - #211! :-)

    ReplyDelete

💕 Thank you for your comment! 💕

´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°..PAULA..°•´¨`»♥
.¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.